Applications Close: 5pm on Monday 30th May 2016
Ngā mihi kau ake tēnei ki a koutou ngā Kaiwhakahaere Māori, he korowai mō te kaupapa o ‘Te Tau Mīharo’. Ka heke iho te mana wairua o tō tātou Mātua Tūpuna i runga ki a koutou, he aratika mō tō tātou whānau, hapū, iwi me te hapori katoa. Kia kaha koutou ki te whatu, ki te whiria atu ngā tikanga, kia kore e kapo hoki ngā kanohi o te whānau i roto ngā momo kohu matangerengere.
The Incredible Years Māori Advisory Group welcomes all trained Māori Group Leaders to attend the annual 2-day Incredible Years hui and accreditation. This hui will be led by the Māori Advisory Group, Kaumatua, Kuia, and the Werry Centre.
The Werry Centre is committed to supporting Group Leaders to deliver the Incredible Years Parent programme in a manner which maintains the integrity of the programme and cultural best practice.
The purpose of this 2-day hui is
- To give Group Leaders opportunities to develop valuable Group Leader skills for Accreditation.
- To hear success stories from experienced Māori Group Leaders.
- To provide Group Leaders with opportunities to reconnect & network.
Parapara waerea a ururua,
Kia tupu whakaritorito te tupu o te harakeke
Clear away the overgrowth,
So that the flax will put forth many young shoots
Day One – 7th June 2016
- Update on progress for Māori - Tania Anstiss (Incredible Years Accredited Mentor)
- Presentation by Matua Rawiri Wharemate and Stacey Porter (Māori Cultural Advisor)
- Workshop with Incredible Years Māori Advisory Group
Day Two – 8th June 2016
- Brief Whakawhānaungatanga
- Overview of Group Leader skills for Accreditation
- Practices and small group exercises - Key competencies for Accreditation
HUI ATTENDEE INFORMATION - PLEASE NOTE:
Hui may be filmed as part of the facilitators’ ongoing development - please discuss this with the facilitators if you do not wish to be filmed.
Facilitated by the Incredible Years Māori Advisory Group, Matua Rawiri Wharemate, Incredible Years Mentor Tania Anstiss, Stacey Porter, and Lisa Glynn.
Incredible Years trained Māori Parent Group Leaders
Marae accommodation is available for all participants on 7th June – please bring sheets, blankets and pillows for sleeping with you if you wish to stay.
Places are limited, so please register as early as possible. Applications close at 5pm on Monday 30th May 2016. Confirmation of places will be sent after this date.